Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In Our Spare Time...

Wait... maybe we haven't really had too much spare time lately!  But we have had a lot of fun!  Last week my cousin Matt came to visit.  He quickly became Jaxon's best friend, whether he liked it or not.  :)  
After a nice trip to walk around Balboa Island (and go to Starbucks of course, which they really need on this side of the peninsula, I might start a petition or something!) Jaxon convinced Matt to go on the ferris wheel with him and play with him at the Fun Zone.

At the playground Matt helped Jaxon shoot some hoops.  At 6'9" it was no problem for him!  By the way, I am by far the shortest person in my entire family.  Aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, parents, everyone.  My mom has 7 brothers and 1 sister and my dad has 5 sisters.  With almost all of them having multiple children, this adds up to a lot of family to look up to!

Of course we had to go to Ruby's on the pier for lunch.  
Jaxon and his customary chocolate milkshake.  Matt and I got milkshakes too so he wouldn't feel left out.  :)  I got a orange creamsicle one that was sooooo good!  Jaxon was on his best behavior for lunch that day, but I think I spoke too soon about him being restaurant-friendly.  We went to lunch with my friend Christina today and he had a hard time sitting still to put it gently.  Her daughter was perfect and so cute by the way.  
This "spiderweb" really makes me nervous, but he loves to climb it and has almost gone to the top before.  Of course, he still needs a spotter!  

In the meantime, our beach house got painted!  It was this same color before but had faded a little.  We live in the downstairs and the owners use the upstairs as their vacation home and sometimes rent it out by the week in the summer.  

After Matt left, we had to do something to lift Jaxon's sprits (he cried hard after we took him to the airport) so we went to Disneyland and had a fun time with friends.
This weekend we took Jaxon to see UP.  It was really cute, but any excuse to go to a movie and eat popcorn and licorice until you feel sick, I am there. So is Jason!
Beautiful flowers from Jake, Alethia and Lilly.  Thanks you guys, we love them!
After our failed attempt at lunch today, Jaxon and I went to walk around a little more.  What started off as throwing pennies into the fountain, quickly turned in to a total body and clothes soaking experience!  
He had a lot of fun though and we had an extra change of clothes, so all was good!  

5 comments:

  1. those pics of matt and jaxie are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys have been busy! Hopefully we'll still be having nice weather when you come up so Jax and Weston can have milkshakes (or frappuccinos) together. We can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great! Your new camera is working super! :) I love that you can just go to DisneyLand. That sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, can't wait for milkshakes and frappuccinos and CHAI'S!!!

    Sara, thanks for the comment about the pics. That's a huge compliment coming from you! :) Actually, almost all my pics are still from my old camera because I still can't get in the habit of bringing the big one with me everywhere. Living by Disneyland is great, and it's actually really affordable if you live here and can get the season pass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys have been busy and having tons of fun. I love that you and your cousin are close. I pray that for Ava and her cousins as they get older, since they are pretty close now. The Milkshakes sound super yummy too! BTW, Ava would have done the same thing with the water too. She loves to play and get wet in any kind of water park or fountain. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete