Monday, April 6, 2009

Construction Zone

They are building a house on the empty lot two doors down.  The construction started last week and Jaxon and I have been spending quite a bit of our free time watching all the work going on.  Today they were digging the foundation and they had a bobcat and a mini-excavator to help.
The excavator driver offered to let him help but he was more than happy to just watch at first. In the pic above, our house is the second house behind the green fence, so we can't see the work being done from our house, but we can definitely hear it.  This comes in handy because Jaxon can hear when the machines are working or when they are resting!
He eventually made it over to stand on the treads and have a deep conversation with one of the workers about all the equipment and assuring him that he will be there every step of the way if they ever need any help!
I had to add this cute video of him playing baseball on the beach this weekend.  Please excuse the camera person, she does not have a steady hand!!!  

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I'll have to show this to Weston in the morning. Whenever he sees a picture of Jax he says "That's my buddy Jaxon"! The quotes that you have at the bottom are hilarious too! We miss you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...I love the video! Do you guys seriously live there?! Perma vacation! How Matt wishes he had a boy to play baseball with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video was SO cute. I don't know, I think your hand was pretty steady. I love how he had all his trucks with him at the beach too ;)! I'm pretty sure you have the best "playground" in your front yard ever!!! I love Newport.

    ps - yep, couch time isn't the normal couch time ;) We actually have to talk to each other - crazy concept, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete