Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In case you didn't know...

Jaxon is riding his trike really well now.  He is fast!!!  He loves to go out on the boardwalk, but especially loves sidewalks with grates.
He also got a haircut last week, it was a really fun experience.  At least 20 minutes of non-stop screaming.  His hair is thick and grows pretty fast so we have to get it cut every 3-4 months, since he was about 10 months old, but he hates it.  We go to Cool Cuts 4 Kids, where they get to sit in a car or plane and watch fun movies like Thomas, but he still screams the whole time.  I've tried bringing lollipops, or m & m's, having him sit on my lap, nothing works.  The hair gets all over both of us, in his eyes and mouth, because he is struggling so much and of course that makes it worse.  For one thing he doesn't like strangers and them touching his head is even worse.  I think his head and hair is sensitive because he really doesn't like anyone to touch it.  
I think I am going to invest in a pair of hair clippers, he might let me (or Jason) do it without putting up as much of a fight.  Even if he cries, which I'm sure he will, I would rather have him cry at home instead of at the haircutters.  I swear, you would think we were torturing him!  But then, when it is all over, he hops off his chair and runs to the train table like nothing ever happened and is back to being my cheerful little boy!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! I just gave Caleb and Weston haircuts the other night...I say go for the clippers. We miss you guys! Give Jax a hug. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are SO GREAT! I love how it's just him and his trike and a beautiful blue sky and sand background! Oh, and so funny about the hair cut - funny now, but I'm sure for you it's not so funny ;) I'm with Deanna, let you or his dad give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE pic's...love the one of him turning and looking behind him. SOOOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie on his bike. What a great place to ride too! The hair salon sounds so cool. Kristi takes her girls to a place similar like that. You will have to reveal pic's when you guys decide or do cut Jaxon's hair.

    ReplyDelete