Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pre Pre Preschool!!!

Today was Jaxon's second session of his Pre Pre Preschool class at St. Andrew's Presbyterian.  I have heard so many wonderful things about this preschool that we really wanted to sign him up.  Well he isn't eligible for the drop-off preschool until the fall after next because of his age.  This class is more like a mommy and me class for 1 hour and 15 minutes a week.  I stay with him the whole time and it's basically free play inside and outside of a classroom and then for the last 15 minutes we have circle time and sing songs.  
It is perfect for Jaxon because next fall is the Parent/Child class where the class is 2.5 hours once a week and I leave for the last 15 minutes or so to ease him into the following year where it is drop-off preschool 2-3 mornings a week.   I am hoping this will get him so familiar with the other kids and teachers so the drop-off won't be a big deal for him (or me!!!).  He is very attached and slow to warm up to new people and I want preschool to be a happy experience for him.  He might look like a tough guy, but he is a big softie at heart...  :) I love it that he does love to cuddle and snuggle because I know it's not going to last forever.  Who knows, maybe when he's a teenager I will still force him to sit on my lap.  :) Maybe I am crazy and over-thinking this whole thing, and I'm sure he would be fine no matter what, but I am happy with the way this is going to work out.
I really like the class and was lucky to get in now to hopefully ensure that I have a spot for next year because I get to register at an earlier date now.  This school is not quite as crazy as the ones where you basically have to sign them up before they are born, but it can be tough to get into.  I'm generally not into all that hype, but if we are going send Jaxon to a preschool, I want it to be one that I've heard great things about like this one is.  The teachers and other kids all seem very nice and very friendly.  This class ends in June but they have a summer program once a week that sounds like fun too.  I also like the religious aspect of it too, I am trying to get better at teaching that to Jaxon, and this helps reinforce that.  Right now one of his favorite books is The Christmas Story (from Mimi) and he loves looking at baby Jesus and all the angels and animals. www.standrewspres.org/childrens/weekday.html

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, he really is so cute! It sounds like a great pre-school. Pretty soon Miss Madison will need to go to Pre-s too! I can't believe it, they grow so fast...too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea, sounds like a good school. I liked the part where you said you might make him sit on your lap when he's a teenager - I laughed. It's a good idea, I say plan on it ;) I haven't done pre-school with my kids. Whenever anyone asks Jonah if he goes to pre-school, he just says "I go to Sunday school" :) I agree with Kristi, they grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for the both you, but I'm sure it will be bitter sweet though. It's amazing how quick our little ones grow up. That is cool that Pre-school will only be a couple of days a week for a few hours. You will both look forward to seeing each other :-)
    BTW, Jaxon is such a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanna know something scary? I went to St. Andrews preschool - a looooooooong time ago!

    ReplyDelete