Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Long Beach Aquarium

Jaxon and I went to the Long Beach Aquarium on Tuesday.  We regularly meet my good friend there with her kids.  She lives in L.A. so this is a great halfway point for us to meet.  It was lots of fun especially because each time we go, Jaxon gets more and more interested in looking at the sharks, fish, etc. instead of just playing around.  There is still plenty of playing around too though.  :)  These clownfish (Nemo's) were so cool.  



Apparently, he's still not too fond of live animals/characters.  Tonight was my monthly bookclub night with my girlfriends from teaching in Anaheim.  We started it when we were all teaching at the same school in 2003 and are still going strong.  When we first started some of us were married or engaged, but no one had kids yet.  Now all 8 of us are married with at least one kiddo.  It's always fun to catch up, get advice about our kids, do a little gossiping about the old days, and maybe manage to talk a little about the book we are reading too!  :) I had to take a little break while I lived in WA, but I still tried to follow along and read the books.  This month we are reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, it looks like a good one.  Today I was able to sneak in getting a long overdue pedicure before the meeting.   It was so nice and had been way too long!

3 comments:

  1. I love all your 4th of July pictures, especially the first on of him in his floaty. Cute. So fun that you regularly go to the aquarium. I just read some of Jaxon's quotes and had some good laughs. Kids are so great. Hope you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to go and you look great BTW!!! Hope your over any 1st trimester yukies...
    Have a great weekend,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture, the first one w/ all the fish. Must be your new camera! ;) FUN! We don't have that here...lol!

    ReplyDelete