Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July.  We had a great time celebrating this year.
Floating in the bay across the street.  As you can see, the water is not the cleanest, but it is a lot safer than the beach when the waves are big.
In the afternoon there was a boat parade in the harbor that was fun to watch.

Jaxon decided that his car could also serve as a boat, and had lots of fun waving to the boats as they went by saying, "They are in their boats and I'm in mine!"
Unfortunately with all the fun and festivities of 4th of July brings a little (actually a lot) of craziness to Newport.  
We got rear-ended in bumper to bumper traffic a few blocks from our house.  These pics aren't the best, but the back of the car is all scraped up and the trunk won't even close so Jason had to tie it down.
Luckily no one was hurt, and the biggest complaint from Jaxon was that his milkshake got knocked over!  I realize that almost every post involves Jaxon drinking a milkshake, I'll work on it!!!
We were invited to a BBQ around the corner from our house and Jaxon and I had a great time making cupcakes for it.
They were far from gourmet, but patriotic, fun for us to make together and yummy to eat.  I usually don't have him help me in the kitchen because everything takes at least twice as long, and makes twice the mess, but he always has fun when we make things together so I would like to make more time for that.
He loved waving the flag at everyone passing by and saying, "Happy 4th of July!"
The kids all got their energy out by chasing a remote control car.
We were so happy to have Jason home for a 3 day weekend too!  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! - And cute...cupcakes! My girls would have loved one! So sorry about the car, how funny, my milkshake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! One of these days I'll get around to updating my blog! Give Jason my sympathy about his car...what a bummer! You still look tiny in that pic! Give Jax a hug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th!! great pic's and tell Jaxon he has the best Toys :-)
    The cupcakes look sooooo good, I should have done that but we don't have AC and I wasn't about to bake anything while it was in the 90's. BTW, you look great, can't wait to see a belly shot soon.

    ReplyDelete