Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!


Hope you all wore your green!  We had Jason's good friend Brandon over for dinner and I made the traditional mashed potatoes and corned beef brisket for the first time.   Probably not my favorite type of meat, but it was fun for the holiday and I'm trying to work on my cooking skills these days too.
While we were waiting for Jason to get home from work, Jaxon told Brandon all about his different cars and what they do in the movie.  I think he learned more about the movie than he bargained for.  Jaxon is getting quite demanding these days about which toys he "needs" if he sees something he wants.  His latest is a big blue Mater that one of his friends got a few years ago, and not in stores anymore.  I feel like one of those crazy Tickle Me Elmo moms sometimes who will go to great lengths to get their kids whatever they want.  I really don't want him to turn into a spoiled brat who always gets whatever he wants immediately, but on the other hand I love to make him happy!  :) Any advice from you moms or dads out there?  

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Love the green shirt...! :) How neat I can see what you guys are up to, I'm glad you added me to your blog list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dexter says that "he gets toys sometimes when he is a good boy, is polite, and has good manners." He thinks its good advice for Jaxon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe make a game where he has to get so many points before he can get a prize ie. by picking up his toys when he's told, listening... so then it's like he's earning the toys, or working for them. Never too early to get them to work ;)

    ReplyDelete