Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seattle Fun

OK- I know this isn't Seattle, but one of the highlights of our trip was going to see my friend Deanna and her sons, whom Jaxon loves.  Well of course while the kids were busy playing we were so busy talking and catching up that we forgot to take any photos.  These pictures are from when they came to visit us over the summer.   They all enjoyed a Balboa Bar for the first time.  Since then Jaxon wants one every time we walk by the Fun Zone, which is almost every day! 
When we lived in Seattle, we would hang out with Deanna and the boys at least once a week. We would always fit a Chai from Starbucks into our visits somehow!  We managed to get a couple into our visits this time too.  Hey, it's tradition!  :)
Jaxon with his Godsister Lilly!  We are her Godparents and my wonderful cousins Jake and Alethia are Jaxon's Godparents.  Alethia and I were supposed to take a walk around Green Lake, (we used to do it at least once a week and I miss our walks soooo much!) but it was snowing/raining so we settled for a park by her house instead.  Jason wants me to add that my daily walks on the boardwalk are not so bad either.  :)  It's true, there is no better place to be every day than the beach, but what I miss about my walks with Alethia have more to do with missing her!
Of course we had to have Dick's burgers after a swim while we were in Seattle.  Jaxon had so much fun with his 4 cousins!  We grew up with so many because my mom has 7 brothers and 1 sister and my dad has 5 sisters and they almost all had kids.  So far Jaxon only has 4 cousins until Terese (or Toby and Carol???!!!) decides otherwise.  Jason is an only child, maybe that's where Jaxon gets his sharing issues!
Doesn't he look oh so pretty in Jessie's shoes?  He loves wearing other peoples' shoes and sometimes has a hard time giving them back!
Jaxon LOVES his Mimi and Smithy and vice versa.  I think they sometimes compete for his affection!  Who wouldn't?
Me with my sweet Godmother Coco and Alethia.  Jake and Lilly are in the background.  We had a great time visiting with them.
Time to say Goodbye, that's the hardest part of visiting, but hopefully we will see everyone soon.  Jaxon was very excited to get home and see his Daddy.  (And his special friend Julia too!)

4 comments:

  1. Great documentary! It was tons of fun seeing you guys. We miss uncle JJ though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures make me want to hop on the next plane for another visit! We miss you guys! It was so fun hanging out last weekend! Hopefully it won't be too long before our next play-date/chai. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...I didn't know you had a blog!!!! How exciting, now I can see what the Guyser family is up too!!!!! ;) - Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, would wear any shoes that fit when I ws a little guy. I still like MJs. And I have always been s shoe man.

    Go, Jaxon!!!

    ReplyDelete