Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Kelly Week

Our good friend Kelly just came to stay with us for the week, and we had such a wonderful time with her.  I know Kelly from the year I went to high school in Seattle, and then we were college roommates most of the time at USD where she became great friends with Jason too.  She took lots of awesome pictures while she was here with her awesome camera.  I am definitely putting that on my wish list!  We were so lucky to have perfect weather while she was here.  She lives in Seattle, so she really needed to see the sun!  
At the Balboa Pier, this is where the playground is that I take Jaxon to most days.
Walking on the boardwalk.  This is where you can find Jaxon and me pretty much every morning.  Kelly usually ran while I walked.  I have tried so many times in my life to be a runner, and it just NEVER happens.  I usually give up after a month or so if I even make it that far, I need to accept the fact that I am a walker.... I do walk pretty fast though!
This is another Kelly we know from USD and her daughter.  She is due with a boy in June!  Yay!Friday on the beach with friends, what can be better than that?
Jaxon loved playing with Kelly and was sad to see her go.
Kelly got some great sunset pictures most of the nights she was here.  I like having visitors from out of town because they remind me how wonderful it is to live at the beach and not to take it for granted.  
Playdate with USD moms and kids.  Its always fun to get the kids together and they are so close in age so it is perfect for them to hang out.
Our last night, it was really hard to get off the couch to go to dinner, but we were glad we did and had SO much fun with the girls.  Thanks for babysitting, Jason!
We miss you already Kel, and hope you come back for another visit soon!

6 comments:

  1. How fun to see some old friends...and I love all the pic's, sign me up for a great camera too! - That's on my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures and fun times with old friends. Love that. You do live in an amazing spot. If you want to switch houses for a week I'm all for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, Sara! We always welcome visitors, and know at least Jonah would love all the McQueen and company toys floating around our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had fun!! I'm glad you got to go out to dinner with the girls...you deserve it! Caleb LOVED his b-day gift...thank-you! I'll call you tomorrow after our houseful of company leaves. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fantastic re-cap! I miss & love you guys dearly:) Thanks so much for the week that I needed w/ friends & sunshine. We'll have to cross paths more often, it had been way too long! I can't wait to watch Jaxon grow up ... & I have a hunch he's gonna look really good in purple. Many Cheers & Much Love! Kel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love where you live Macaulay! I would love to walk the Boardwalk with Ava every morning and drink coffee and play in the sand. I love Portland too, but SD would be better. I'm not completely sure where you live but do you live close to PB or OB in SD? I would visit Erin when she lived in PB and it was so much fun...
    How fun to have your friend come and visit & get some much needed sun. It was so nice weekend here & it was actually in the 70's for once. It's gone now, sigh...
    Have a great week!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete