Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goodbye, My Gym!

Last week we had our last day at My Gym.  http://my-gym.com
It was really hard to say goodbye because we have been going there every Tuesday at 4:30 since we moved here.  Jaxon was only 10 months old when we started and we have had lots of fun there.  Here are some pics throughout the year and a half.
When we started coming to this class he was one of the youngest and now he is at the top of his age group so it was time to move on.  Here are Holland and Cole spinning him as fast as they can, he loved it!
Here is Jaxon with Mr. Neil.  When we started he would not go to them at all, but now that we are leaving he was finally warming up to his teachers!  Oh well, we may rejoin another class later.  Between preschool, playdates with friends, disneyland, the playground, the aquarium, the zoo etc., we are always doing at least one activity a day and that is quite enough for me!  Yes, Jaxon has a very fun-filled life.  Hopefully he will realize this and be thankful for it someday.  We are thinking about getting a season pass to the water park for this summer too.  Oh no, does that mean I have to be swimsuit ready????  To quote one of my friends, "Maybe I will just wear a wetsuit!"

He has always loved the basketball hoops and would spend the majority of his time making "SLLLLAAAAMMM DUNKS" as he would say!  He also spends the majority of his time at home outside playing basketball too, he can never get enough bball time!!!  Thankfully, he got Jason's coordination skills instead of mine.  
I am in serious need of a new camera, right now I have a sony cybershot and it's ok in certain lighting and conditions.  What I hate about it is the delay, which is NOT good for action shots or kids in general when they only hold the cute expression you want to capture for half a second anyway.  Plus, the zoom isn't working.  Most of the pics I took at My Gym came out blurry.  Grrrr!  So, here is the camera I am thinking about getting.  Any comments or concerns?  My top two priorities for a new camera are fast shutter speed and I want one that can take videos too.  I am a little worried that I wont carry it around or take as many pictures because it is so bulky.  
Bubble Party!  This was always a favorite!
Circle Time (he might not look that different, but this was from about a year ago)
Here is Jaxon at about 10 months when we started.  He was still just crawling.  (This pic is from actually from Gymboree, where we also went for a few months, but you get the idea)  So Goodbye, My Gym, we will miss you!!!!    

5 comments:

  1. Sign me up for a wet suit too!!! Ha! Ha! - I had a sony cybershot and it broke! The darn thing...a new camera would be awesome! Don't the kids just grow so fast...wow, it looks like he had lots of fun in his class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in on the wet suit, but I'm pretty sure you AND Kristi don't need wetsuits. Seriously. Here's my 2 cents on the camera. I say check out Costco. They are so good about taking stuff back it's not what you want. I got my Canon Rebel from there. Mine doesn't have video though. And yes, it's true it's not the most convenient thing to carry around. You kind of need a small one to take in your purse. That looks like a good camera though. I like the Nikon d70 /d80 and d 90 too. Happy camera shopping. I'm obsessed with mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Gym looks like such a great place to take your infant & toddlers. I would be sad too, but at least you live somewhere where the weather is nice and there is soooo much to do. We have a great community center down the street from our house and sadly I didn't go there much while I was on maternity leave but plan to go there with the 2nd (especially during the winter.)
    Love the last pic of Jaxon at 10 months, so cute! Wow it's so amazing how fast they do grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! It looks like he was having lots of fun, but I know he'll love preschool and you guys are always busy doing tons of fun stuff, so I don't think he'll be suffering the loss! Seeing that last pic reminds me of our playdate days...they're definitely growing up too fast. Let's think of a way to make them stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your pictures with your new camera! You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete