Friday, September 18, 2009

First Day of Preschool


 
Today was Jaxon's first day of preschool for the year.  We go to the Parent/Child preschool at St. Andrews Presbyterian.  This year preschool is one day a week for two and a half hours and I go with him.  During the middle the moms or dads leave for 45 minutes to go have coffee in the room next door and have fellowship time where we discuss various topics.  Then in May it becomes a drop-off preschool for the last 6 weeks of class.  I thought for sure I would be called back to the preschool room to get him as some of the other moms were, but when the time was up he was still happily playing with his buddies.  I am so glad that we decided to put him in this gradual preschool program at St. Andrews, he is so happy there and all the kids and teachers are so sweet.  :)
 
Ready to go... but wait, first we need a picture with Mommy!
 
I'm a little upset that nobody mentioned I looked like a beached whale today.... maybe we should have skipped that picture after all!  :)
 
Posted by Picasa


He insisted on a Happy Meal after class today, we went a few times after summer playdays at St. Andrew's and somehow he thinks it is a tradition we need to follow.  

How can I resist this cute little guy?
Pirate Day

This week our library had a pirate program where all the kids came dressed as pirates and they read some pirate stories and did some arts and crafts.  It was lots of fun.  Jaxon was a little hesitant to put on the costume mainly because he was worried that it meant he couldn't still be a dinosaur for Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Tell Jax we're proud of him for having a great first day! And you do NOT look like a beached whale, but I was cracking up when I read that. Hope you guys are having a good weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaxon is definitely the most handsome preschooler, what a cutie!! That is so cool that you get to be with him and then with the other parents while the kids learn to play together and share. I volunteer at church in the 2's class with Ava and I love to see how much she has grown, especially since she is the only one right now and will have to share mommy soon.
    BTW, you don't look like a beached whale, you will always be TINY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's SO cute!!! He has the best hair for sure no matter where he goes!!! ;) How cute about the pre-school...love it! You look great, whatever mama, you and Christina are both tiny - and hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO Cute!!!! Way to go on your first day Jaxon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great Jaxon loves pre-school. It'll be a nice little break for you! And you DO NOT look like a beached whale!!!!!! But I understand the feeling. I wore black and white one day while pregnant and I thought to myself - I'm a cow. I look like a cow - :) You look great. Not much longer!

    ReplyDelete