Saturday, September 5, 2009

Xavier James


Today we are celebrating Xavier's one year birthday in Heaven.  He is loved and missed everyday.  Here is a poem that Jason wrote last year.

Just Long Enough

How much time is long enough
to make a world of difference
You were only here for less than a day
yet infinite is the power of your presence

Not long enough to rock you to sleep
and sing you a lullaby
But just long enough to hold you in our arms
and hear your precious little cry

Not long enough to see your first steps, hear your first words
or take you to school for your very first day
But just long enough for you to walk into our hearts and hear your spirit say-
Mom and Dad, everything is going to be ok

Not long enough to wrestle with, laugh with
tattle on or look up to your older brother
But just long enough to let him protect you 
with a kiss and a hug that bonded you forever

You were ready for Heaven before most
so I guess that's why God took you
But it wasn't long enough for me to show you
how much I truly love you

So until the day we meet again
I just want you to know
I'll never forget you Xavier James
and I'll always remember the day you said goodbye and hello




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a special moment...my heart hurts for your loss, but he truly is safe in Heaven wrapped in loving arms. Sometimes there are no words...but I am so touched by that poem. My thoughts will be with you guys today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this with us. I know it must be hard. As a mama and pregnant lady it definitely brought tears to my eyes. I lost a brother this last year and know how hard loss can be. I am so thankful for a loving God who prepares a place for us & calls us his own (even before we were born).
    You are my thoughts & prayers today. P.S. the poem Jason wrote is beautiful and so is Xavier.

    Love, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away..." I pray that you were comforted on the day you were remembering your sweet son. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dolly. This was so, so sweet. Thank you for sharing. The pictures are so lovely and that poem that Jason wrote...I can't keep the tears back. There are not words perfect enough to express the complexity of emotions when you loose a child in this way, but Jason's poem is about as close as it gets. You are in my thoughts and prayers. All my love...

    ReplyDelete