Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Day, Another Date

This morning Jaxon went with me to see the dermatologist.  I have noticed some hormone spots on my face ever since my last pregnancy and one of them had a dry skin patch in it the last few months that I wanted to get checked out.  It turned out to be pre-cancerous and the doctor froze it off.  I wish I could go back in time and FORCE myself to wear sunscreen when I was younger.  It didn't matter who told me, or how many times they did, I hardly ever wore it.  I wear it everyday now, but in high school and college, really up until a few years ago, I never did.  And let me tell you, I would lay out any chance I could get and bake myself for hours upon hours.    Not to mention the tanning beds I would visit if the weather wasn't right.  For some reason I thought I couldn't get "tan" if I wore sunscreen.  Anyway, the damage has already been done and in a few weeks I get to go back and have a full body scan.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
So after the appointment I took Jaxon to Fashion Island to go on the carousel and get some lunch.  He picked the zebra.  9 times out of 10 he picks the zebra.  At the end of the ride he always gives the zebra a hug and kiss.  Today he also said, "Bye, Zebra, I love you!!!"
Here he is when he had just turned one, on the zebra of course!  This might have been his first carousel ride, at least it's the first one that I have a picture of.
Then my favorite part, I took him to El Torito Grill, which just so happens to be one of my favorite mexican restaurants.  He was soooo good, and I was soooo hungry, so it was a perfect combination!   After several failed attempts in the past, I think I can safely say that we can go out more now.  As long as we eat quickly and bring some cars to play with that is!  

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the sun screen...I go to the derma too, because my face is SO bad with breakouts...but I have some sun spots and weird white patches...??? I never wore sun screen either! I'm better now, a little bit at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaxon looks WAY too grown-up in these pictures...make him stop growing! I'm glad you guys had a good lunch at El Torito! That place was SO yummy! Now I'm nervous about the spots on my face since I was anti-sunscreen in my youth as well! What were we thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that is SO CUTE that he loves the zebra every time. I love that. He's so sweet. And man, I have the WORST pregnancy mask (hormone spots) on my face too from Jonah and Ava. The sad thing is I wore sunscreen...boo hoo. I need a magic potion to even my skin tone. Let me know if your dermatologist tells you of one and let me know. I'll pay a high price ;) I should just make an appointment with one here I guess...blah. Not fun. Seriously though, didn't we all go through a stage where we wore baby oil when we sunbathed!!!!???!! Out of control. I'm a sunscreen girl now, especially on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, El Torito Grill sounds really good. I love Mexican food!
    I know what you mean about not wearing sunscreen, especially in those teen years. I think I spent every summer at Roche, but I thought it was worth it, ha! I wear Garnier Nutriste facial lotion and it has 15 SPF. I'm bad about putting it on my body and was reminded by my OB to put it on since it's finally been close to 80's here.
    Cute pic's of Jaxon BTW. I don't think Ava has been on a Carosel yet, that would be fun for her.

    ReplyDelete