Thursday, May 21, 2009

Starbucks, etc.


This morning Jaxon and I had time to stop by Starbucks before meeting Jason to go see a house.  We were having a great time talking and playing with his cars.  He was enjoying his milk and I was definitely enjoying my chai.  In the past Jaxon has not been the best at sitting still in a restaurant or anywhere else for that matter, so I was really impressed with his good behavior.  Just when I was thinking "We should really do this more often", he dropped his milk onto the floor by accident.  Luckily, the top stayed on, but then he got so upset that he slipped and fell off his chair backwards onto his elbow.  Ouch!!!  He is such a good boy and is growing up so fast!  I have a love/hate relationship with his growing up.  Onto meeting Jason to look at this house.  We have been looking for a house to buy ever since we moved here almost two years ago.  While we love living on the peninsula, it gets pretty crazy in the summer and isn't exactly where we want to be to raise our family.  Plus, most of the beach houses are tiny and not exactly affordable anyway.  We are happy where we are for now, but looking for a bigger place.  The house that we saw today is still out of our price range, but it is in a great location.  (Just up the hill) It is in a really nice neighborhood and we could still bike/walk to the beach whenever we want, but have our peace and quiet at night too.  The best of both worlds!  Here's to hoping it will come down hundreds of thousands of dollars more...  :)  It started at 1.8 and says submit all offers, so you never know!  For those of you keeping track, we have made 5 offers on different houses since we moved here and none of them have worked out for various reasons.  But in the meantime, prices keep coming down and in this market it's not such a bad idea to rent until the perfect place comes along.  Oh, this is the other one I really like.  It is in MUCH better shape and is in a great neighborhood as well, but just a little bit farther from the beach.  Not really walking distance, but you could still ride a bike for sure.  What do you think, could either of these be the perfect place for us???

4 comments:

  1. I love coffee dates! Although, with a toddler they are so busy. You never know if they are going to sit with you and enjoy your company, or get out of their chair and touch everything in site!
    I got to see the first house, but the 2nd house took too long to see. From what i see, the 1st house is beautiful! I would live there in a heartbeat (if that was in my budget.) You could have some great dinner parties there too!
    Keep us up to date & yes, i will be getting an u/s to find out the sex of the baby in mid-June.

    have a great weekend,
    Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I fixed the link to the 2nd house. I had it on a virtual tour instead of the listing link maybe that was the problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love starbucks...just went this morning! ;) - I love both houses, although the one with the grass yard would be great for kids. Either way looks like a win situation!!! You better get the guest room spruced up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of Jaxon is adorable. I hope everything works out with the house situation. I can see why you'd want to move and either way, like Kristi said, it's a win situation! Fun.

    ReplyDelete